The popularity of meditation is increasing day by day because it is very beneficial. Meditation is done to focus your thoughts and increase your awareness of yourself. Meditation is a good way to train your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts. The popularity of meditation is increasing day by day as almost people search for its many health benefits. Meditation is getting so much benefit that people are making it a part of their lifestyle. Many people do meditation to reduce their stress and also to develop focus.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India.
1. Balasana (Child’s Pose)
The mind can also be calmed by regular practice of Balasana. According to a study published in this regard, Balasan is a relaxing yoga pose, which can be helpful in calming the mind and increasing peace of mind. Not only this, Balasan can provide relief from excessive stress and anxiety.
Method of doing yoga:
- To do Balasana, first of all, by laying a yoga mat, come in the posture of Vajrasana.
- Now slowly while inhaling deeply, raise your arms straight up.
- Then while exhaling slowly, bend forward and keep the forehead on the ground.
- After this, slowly press the chest towards the thighs.
- In this posture, the hands and forehead will be directly on the ground and the chest will be on the thighs.
- Now stay in this position for some time and keep breathing and exhalation normal.
- Then take a long breath and come back to the previous position.
- This yoga can be done three to five times in the beginning.
- After completing one cycle of yoga, rest for a while and start another cycle.
- People suffering from knee and lower back problems should not do this yoga asana.
- People with diarrhea and high blood pressure should also avoid doing this yoga asana.
- Pregnant women should do this only on the advice of the doctor.
- If you have had any kind of surgery, then do not do Balasan at all.
2. Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose)
By doing this yoga daily, one can get peace of mind. Actually, the breathing exercise done during yoga reduces stress. The mind can find peace when the stress is reduced. On this basis, Baddha Konasana is also called the yoga of calming the mind.
Method of doing yoga:
- First of all, after laying a yoga mat, sit with both the legs stretched straight ahead.
- Now bend the legs at the knees and join the soles together.
- Then hold the front part of the foot well with the hands.
- At this time, the torso will be straight and the knees will be on the ground.
- Now slowly move both knees up and down like butterfly wings.
- During this action, keep the speed of inhalation and exhalation normal.
- This yoga can be done intermittently for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- If there is injury or pain in the knee, then avoid doing this yoga asana.
- Do it on the advice of a doctor during pregnancy.
- Stay away from this yoga if there is a complaint related to the spine.
3. Downward-facing Dog Pose
The name of Adho Mukha Svanasana is also included in the list of yoga to calm the mind. According to scientific research, this yoga can increase blood flow in the body. It also stretches the cervical spine and neck, which can reduce stress and depression. On this basis it can be said that it can bring peace to the mind.
Method of doing yoga:
- To do this yoga, spread a mat and stand straight on it.
- Now by spreading both the arms straight towards the front, slowly bend down.
- While bending down, both the knees will be directly below the hips. At the same time, both the hands will be spread on the ground slightly ahead of the shoulder.
- Then while exhaling, stretch the waist part upwards, it will form an inverted V shape. While doing this, lift the ankles slightly above the ground.
- At this time the hips are up, the spine will be tilted straight down and the knees will be straight. Also the head will be tilted down.
- Remain in this posture for a few seconds and breathe slowly.
- Now reverse the process of this yoga and come to the previous posture.
- This asana can be done in three to five cycles.
- If there is a problem in the wrist or ribs, then do not do this asana.
- Do not put too much stress on the body while doing this yoga.
- Do not do this asana if there is injury in the back, shoulders, waist or arms.