When some other user opens your company files in single-user mode then QuickBooks Error 6073 or QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 occurs oftentimes due to security issues. This article is related to the QuickBooks 6000 series error code. In this article, we have detailed all reasons behind this error. Keep sticking with the points that we have mentioned in this blog article about the QuickBooks error 6… 99001.
QuickBooks is the next level of easing out payments and cash flow for every user. It is useful for every company in every domain. Data is completely secure with software like QuickBooks POS. QuickBooks POS is a one-stop solution that aids in following inventory and sales of small business houses meticulously. Whether it is about analyzing the budget, monthly payroll, bonus calculations, etc, QuickBooks can help the user in every way. There are situations where the user is replacing the system with a faster alternative. However, there might be situations where the user might need to delete information before taking the system away.
Reasons QuickBooks Error 6073
Let’s know some behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6073 step by step as defined below.
- If the QuickBooks file is open on another computer on single-user mode then you may not access the same file.
- The second reason is if the company file is in read-only network mode thereby you cannot access the file.
- If the remote system accessed the company files which are running on such operating system: Fedora, Free BSD, GoToMyPC, Chrome OS, LogMeIn, and so on, the host system assumes the authorized user is logged in.
- If the file is located in Linux or UNIX operating system and the user goes on trying to access the file by using several credentials then QuickBooks Error 6073 takes place on your computer screen.
- The above are the reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 6073 to occur on your computer screen.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6073?
We have detailed all solutions to counter this error below.
1. Solution: Unhide Network Data Files and Transaction Log Files that might be marked as hidden files. Follow the steps mentioned below
- The very first thing you need to do is to go to My Computer, click on the Tools menu, and open folder options.
- Now, you have the View tab option in which you need to click on the hidden files & folder option to proceed.
- The third step is to open the data folder where you can see network data files & log files.
- Just put your cursor on the network data file and press Right-click to select properties of the network data file.
- Finally, you have a hidden option just delete it by clicking on OK.
2. Solution: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 manually.
There are four conditions that you have to implement to fix this error.
- In the First condition, the company file is open in Single-user mode on the host computer system, the points mentioned below are that you have to follow step by step to fix QuickBooks Error 6073.
- Open the file menu of your QuickBooks software and select the Close company option.
- Now you have to reopen the company file to keep the process on.
- In the File menu option, you have to select Open or Restore Company file.
- After selecting the Open or Restore option for the Company file you need to open the file and then click on Next.
- Finally, open your company file in multi-user mode by selecting an open file.
(b) In the second condition if the company file is accessible by another computer system in single-user mode then there are points you must follow to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6073 99001.
- The very first thing you have to do is close the QuickBooks Desktop application running on all remote computers.
- Once you close QuickBooks Desktop on all remote computers then you have to open the file on the host PC.
- Go to the File menu to switch from single-user mode to multi-user mode.
- If you are still facing the same issue over again then reboot all the workstations instantly.
(c) The third condition of happening QuickBooks Error 6073, when the QuickBooks company file is accessible by GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, etc.
- Go to the search bar on your PC screen type Task Manager and Right-Click on Task Manager.
- To find the issue, now you need to select Processes to check the running processes that are actively going under the user name.
- f you find the processes under the user name the processes are running then restart your computer system to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6073.
(d) The last condition occurs when the company file is in a read-only network folder thereby the company files are unaccessible by the users.
- To resolve this error, go to your computer where the company file is hosted.
- Open that particular folder where the QB company files that the user stored.
- Right-click on the folder containing the company file and click on the properties option.
- Select the Security tab to select the user with the login issues and finally select Edit.
- Now, go to the Security tab choose the user with login issues and click Edit.
- Eventually, select Allow > Apply> Ok to end up the issue of QuickBooks Error 6073.
3. Solution: There is a tool called QuickBooks File Doctor tool which is helpful to fix QuickBooks Error 6073
- Just use QFD Tool you can diagnose and then troubleshoot the error
4. Solution: And finally, the last condition of occurring QuickBooks Error 6073 is when the network file is unavailable or corrupted
- Go to the start button of your computer, Right-click on the button, and open Windows Explorer.
- Type the QuickBooks Company files in the search box to find them.
- Now, Right-click on the company files along with Network Data and QuickBooks Company file extension to switch its extension.
- The next step is to change the QB file extension to .ndold and then press the enter button on your keyboard.
- Now, press the enter button you have to open QuickBooks and then the company file to open it.
- Finally, a new Network data file will be there for the company file.
Hope issues are fixed successfully, if not You can contact the QuickBooks errors support team. They will come in touch with you to provide the best solution for every problem related to QuickBooks.