Whether you want to create a new website or redesign the one you already have (probably because it’s not converting), a website is an important tool to help you or your firm gain the confidence of potential clients.
To create a custom financial advisor website, a number of options are available. You could decide to create it yourself or hire a web development agency to handle it for you.
If you decide to create a custom financial advisor website yourself, you could use Wix, Squarespace or Weebly, where you create your own content, select a theme and select the images you use. If you will not be creating it yourself, you can engage the services of a web development agency that would start from scratch or make use of a content management system (CMS) like WordPress. Some of these web development agencies provide marketing services that produce traffic for the website in addition to the custom website created. They will also create the content you need to show the qualities of your firm and other pertinent information. Endeavour to find out when engaging them.
Best practices for custom financial advisor websites
Your website should be a source of leads generation that you can convert into clients. The following ideas will help you achieve that and will contribute to the overall improvement of the performance of your website.
- Use the right images: Take into consideration the demographics of your target audience and ensure that the images on your financial advisor website connects with them. If you use images of young families when your target is retirees, then they may not be able to relate with your website visually.
- Be transparent: Don’t hide information that clients would like to see. Being transparent provides a level of honesty that visitors to your site would appreciate.
- Easy navigation: Navigating your website should be simple because if it is confusing, it could put clients off and this could lead them to patronize your competitors instead.
- Create relevant offers: Your lead magnets (a free offer in the form of an infographic or eBook) should be relevant and value packed, solving a financial problem for them.
- It’s about your client: Let your client know how you can be of use to them to solve their problems and concerns. It shouldn’t be all about the description of your firm.
Optimize your Custom financial advisor website for SEO
After going through the discovery, research, design, development, launch, monitor and grow stages involved in creating a website, it should be well optimized for search engines. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important part of driving traffic to your website by improving its visibility and it can be implemented through content marketing.
An active blog is necessary for you to publish quality content on, drive traffic to your website and engage your audience. Your social media pages will also help to drive traffic to your website and increase online visibility and so should not be neglected.
The website creation process for financial advisors should go through all the stages for website creation to provide a comprehensive and well-designed platform that addresses the needs of visitors to the website.
When trying to create a custom financial advisor website, getting the full package that includes marketing services to drive traffic and potential leads to your website should be considered, as converting visitors into clients is the overall aim of creating the website.