If you bump into QuickBooks error 1603 when you install QuickBooks or open it after you reinstall, it indicates Windows security policies are obstructing QuickBooks updates. You must have received the error with a message,”The update installer has encountered an internal error.” The error may also trigger due to damaged QuickBooks installation files and outdated QuickBooks Desktop. Continue reading the blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks error 1603, its causes and solutions.
If you are tired of facing QuickBooks error 1603 and want to fix it right away, then call us on our toll-free number 1.800.579.9430 and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
What triggers QuickBooks error 1603
There are certain reasons that cause the error. Have a look at some of them given below:
- Partial or corrupt installation of QuickBooks.
- Damaged Windows components.
- Outdated Windows.
Now, move on to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error 1603
Step 1. Run the Install Diagnostic tool
To begin, download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer using the steps given below and then run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you have downloaded.
- Install the tool hub by following the prompt steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub and choose Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run to fix Installation Issues.
- Restart your workstation once the tool finishes.
If the error continues, try the next step.
Step 2. Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup
Follow the steps given below and install your program smoothly in selective startup mode:
- We recommend back up your company file and keep note of QuickBooks product and license info.
- Switch QuickBooks to Selective startup mode:
- Open the run command.
- Type msconfig, then click OK.
- Go to the General tab and choose Selective Startup and then Load system services.
- Select the Services tab and mark Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now, unmark the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Select Windows Installer from the list of services.
- Click OK and then Restart.
- Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks.
- Shift to Normal startup mode.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned in the blog will help you fix QuickBooks error 1603. If the problem continues after troubleshooting, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number 1.800.579.9430.