Your weight has a big influence on your overall health and quality of life. Being overweight makes it harder to maintain an active lifestyle and might make it tough to accomplish the activities you enjoy. When diet and exercise fail to provide the desired results, it may be time to consider weight-loss surgery. Weight reduction surgery, also known as Bariatric Surgery, is now one of the most successful treatments for Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Sleep Apnea, Arthritis, Asthma, Acid Reflux, Infertility, and High Cholesterol.
Renowned Hospitals like Vikram hospital Bangalore determine the best treatment and surgery choice for their specific requirements. Their Bariatric & Weight Loss Surgery Department is very dedicated to collaborating with patients and their primary care doctor.
How does bariatric surgery work?
Bariatric surgery is a weight-loss procedure that alters the structure and hormones of the stomach and digestive tract. These modifications lower appetite, emotional eating, and improve satiety, regulate food intake, and promote fat loss. Over time, physiological changes related to energy balance and fat metabolism occur, which aids in maintaining stable, desirable body weight.
Thus, unlike nutritional weight reduction, which is generally temporary and reversible, surgical weight loss provides:
- Long-term weight loss.
- Improved comorbid conditions.
- Increased quality of life.
- Higher self-esteem.
- Improved psychological status.
The majority of bariatric procedures are performed utilizing minimally invasive methods, including laparoscopy. Vikram hospital Bangalore also ensures minimally invasive weight loss surgery with the best of its bariatric surgeon in India.
Common types of bariatric surgery –
Bariatric surgery aims to reduce food consumption while increasing satiety. With so many surgical weight loss options available today, choosing the best one for you might be difficult. Here are a few common & advanced weight loss procedures available today to help you start the conversation with your doctor.
Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) – A tiny pouch is formed using a band to reduce food intake and promote satiety.
Gastric balloon – A gastric balloon is inserted into the stomach to encourage early satisfaction.
Gastric bypass–Roux-en-Y gastric bypass — A tiny pouch is inserted, bypassing the stomach and duodenum. The bypass mechanism is thought to generate changes in gut hormones, promoting fullness and suppressing appetite.
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy – A piece of the stomach is excised to create a narrower gastric sleeve.
Which hospital to choose for advanced Weight loss surgery – When you decide to consult a bariatric surgeon or hospital for the surgery, you may experience both relief and concern. You’ve probably previously tried medical weight loss strategies that didn’t work for you. The best hospital bariatric surgery may help you in making life-changing, if not life-saving, decisions. Here are a few crucial pointers to help you discover the best hospital in Bangalore bariatric surgery for you.
- Availability of some advanced Bariatric surgery options – A hospital you choose for your weight loss surgery must have different cutting-edge methodologies to perform the following treatment. Likewise, Laparoscopic surgery takes longer than open surgery, but the advantages include your surgery being less painful, less scarring, and you will have a quicker recovery. Vikram hospital Bangalore offers weight loss surgery laparoscopically. However, there are no differences in surgery outcomes from laparoscopic to open operations, but the patient can benefit from certain post-operative health outcomes.
- Expert & Skilled surgeons – Choosing the correct “team” is essential for successful bariatric surgery. Your bariatric surgeon should be part of an active multidisciplinary team (MDT). A professional anesthetist, nutritionist, clinical behaviorist, and physiotherapist, as well as your bariatric surgeon, should be part of the team.
Vikram hospital is Bangalore’s renowned health destination that ensures weight reduction surgery at affordable rates. The hospital collaborates with some of the most skilled and experienced weight reduction surgeons. The hospital’s surgical staff has done over 80% of all weight loss procedures in Karnataka, with a near 100% success rate and minimal complication and fatality rates.
How to get help – Vikram Hospital Bangalore is associated as a partner hospital with Credihealth. You may plan a video and teleconsultation session by just viewing the Vikram hospital Doctor list on Credihealth. At Credihealth, you can look for the address, available bed capacity, IPD and OPD times, pricing comparison among health experts, facility availability, patient reviews and ratings, and so on.
You may also request a call-back at @8010-994-994 for a second opinion or medical assistant with our in-house professional at Credihealth.