WHO ARE MEDICAL TOURISTS?
Medical tourists are individuals who travel abroad to receive medical treatment. The primary reason medical tourists travel is to receive affordable treatments that they would not have the opportunity to receive at home. Other reasons include technology, treatment options, and qualified medical professionals. Market analysts estimate that the world medical tourism market is worth between $45.5 to $72 billion.
WHAT IS MEDICAL TOURISM CERTIFICATION?
When it comes to consistently delivering exceptional service and experience to your patients, it is not something that can be improvised. One must have a deep understanding of your customers’ needs and expectations. Cultural and linguistic considerations, travel coordination, care management, risk mitigation, and legal aspects, etc need to be considered.
This is where the CMTP courses (Certified Medical Travel Professional) come into the picture. As a certified medical travel professional you will have the knowledge and skills to facilitate the smooth integration of safe and quality service.
Typically, CMTP courses offer coaching, training, workshops, seminars, etc. These courses offer insights into improving patient care, enhancing treatment quality, achieving excellent outcomes, and improving patient safety in medical tourism.
WHAT DO YOU LEARN?
- Quality treatment and achieving excellent outcomes.
- Management of International patients
- Marketing- International patients
- Patient safety
- Patient security
- Offering patients transparency
- Unique needs of the medical tourists
- Hospital leadership
- Management skills
- Operations and infrastructure
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEDICAL TOURISM CERTIFICATION?
Numerous benefits can be derived from it. It adds credibility to your facility or service. Here’s how-
- By obtaining these certifications, you make a worldwide declaration that your service or facility meets the established standards for the safety and excellence of international patients.
- By obtaining these certifications, you can demonstrate to potential clients that the quality of your medical tourism program has been independently verified by third parties.
- The course facilitators are professionals/practitioners with years of experience providing care to patients and providing their services. By obtaining these certifications, you’ll add credibility service or facility for meeting international standards.
- Relationships between patients and doctors, medical tourists, and providers are based on trust. Follow meaningful international protocols for treatment, care, and outcomes, and you will earn the trust of patients and providers. These certifications will help you gain that. The medical tourists and referral sources you work with will trust you.
- You will appear on the “preferred” list of companies and countries that offer healthcare services, such as international insurance companies if you receive these certifications.
- Medical service providers that have a medical tourism program are offered these certifications. It includes medical tourism companies as well as hospitals and clinics. Hotels, travel agents, and medical travel insurance providers are also part of this industry providing quality services to medical tourists. With this network of trusted partners, you can extend the benefits of your program and services. Providing medical tourism services internationally connects you with a worldwide network of quality providers.
It’s important to obtain these certifications for a variety of reasons. We sincerely hope this article helps you in understanding the importance of getting one for your facility/service if you still do not have one.