QuickBooks is a highly efficient accounting and bookkeeping software. The impressive functionalities with which it comes has made it highly popular in a short time. However, it does not mean that the software always gives a seamless experience to its users. One of the common errors that users encounter is the QuickBooks error 80070057. The error implies that you don’t have sufficient permissions to remove or delete QB files in a particular folder. It occurs when you attempt to open a company file. There are various steps to fix this error. In this article, you’ll find everything about them.
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057
There are many simple workarounds to this problem. Keep reading to know the exact steps for implementing them.
Modify or delete the .nd file
You can fix this error by editing or deleting the network data (.nd file). Launch a new copy of the .nd configuration files in your QB company folder and follow these steps.
- Check that all users have signed out. After that, shut the QB application on all machines.
- Sign in as system administrator and navigate to the company file folder.
- Locate the .nd extension file related to the company file having the problem.
- Now either delete or rename it.
Rescan the file through the QB database server manager
If you use the company file over the network, you can use this measure to fix the error 80070057. Proceed with the following steps.
- Open the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ in the file hosting system.
- Later on, you should rescan the whole QB company file folder.
- Navigate to the ‘Taskbar’ tab. Input ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager.’ Now choose ‘Open.’
- If you find the company file listed, select ‘Scan.’ Then, hit the ‘Add Folder’ tab.
- Navigate to the folder’s location, select it, and hit ‘OK.’ After that, tap ‘Scan.’
- The scan will reset the ‘QuickBooks File Sharing Permission.’ So all computers can access the permission that reports errors related to the internet security settings.
- Now open your QB software on the host computer as well as the system that showed this error code.
Reset the BitDefender
To implement this method, navigate to the ‘BitDefender 10.0’ menu and choose the option of ‘Antivirus.’ Now follow these steps.
- Select the icon of ‘Custom level’ followed by the option of ‘Exclude path from the scan.’
- Choose the ‘New Item’ tab.
- Select either ‘UNC path’ or ‘Mapped drive.’
Run the QB File Doctor tool
To fix the QuickBooks error 80070057, you can seek the assistance of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. You need to download and install it on your system and run it. It will detect every corrupted and damaged file automatically and start repairing them.
Follow the techniques explained in this article to resolve the 80070057 error code in QuickBooks efficiently. But if you cannot fix it, contact expert QuickBooks payroll support. The support personnel will provide you with the best ways to resolve this and all other QB errors effectively.
Source URL – http://alexpoter0356.onesmablog.com/The-Best-Fixes-to-Tackle-the-QuickBooks-Error-80070057-44340967